Abstract Expressionist Painter
Juan Cortes Amaya
Juan Cortes Amaya, an 11-year-old Artist.
He was born on September 29 in Badalona “A genius of art” As was Mozart for music, Bobby Fisher for chess, little Willian James for mathematics, or Pablo Picasso for painting.
Juan Cortés Amaya, “Juanito” for family and friends, amazes art connoisseurs for its colorists and vibrant large-format pictorial works.
He painted his first work at the age of 6 and at the age of 8 he was exhibiting in an art gallery in Madrid. As if it were a new Jackson Pollock, Juanito faces the canvas with surprising security. Work by supporting the fabric horizontally on the ground and on its surface extends on some occasions, and on others, drops paint and other objects, that are integrated into the work and that add shape and color while providing plasticity material.
Seeing Juan in the process of creation is a delight. It’s enjoyable checking how he develops his idea and how easily he mixes and applies colors on the blank canvases. In the final result and without knowing the little artist, you could not ever find out that their artworks have been executed by a child.
This passion comes through his great-grandfather, an antiquarian by profession, and his art-loving father, which he passed on to his son. Of gypsy ethnicity and a resident of Badalona, he has presented his paintings at various international fairs, in Spain, Italy, and Monaco.
His Abstract Expressionism style is the result of a very particular perception: “I am inspired by everything I see, by everything that has lines, shapes, and colors. I go out on the street and I only see color and lines”. He really knows what he wishes: “I want my works to always express joy, happiness and all that is good. I never want them to transmit anything bad”.
He tells how inspiration comes to him: ‘I do my normal routine and, suddenly, inspiration comes to me. So no one can stop me then, I wear my flip-flops, my clothes and I think about what the bottom is going to be like”.
Among his references, Juanito Cortés talks about Pablo Picasso, Jackson Pollock, Paul Klee, Franz Kline, Vasíli Kandinsky or his favorite, Joan Miró.
At his young age, he has already participated in various exhibitions.
- Group exhibitions Spectrum “from September 12 to 29, 2018 at Santana Art Gallery (Madrid)
- Creative looks “from October 4 to 20, 2018 at Santana Art Gallery (Madrid)
- Navidarte “from December 21, 2018 to January 5, 2019 at Santana Art Gallery (Madrid)
- International Art Festival “from March 21 to April 5, 2019 at Santana Art Gallery (Madrid)
- International opening exhibition (second part) from July 3 to 16, 2019 at OCCO Art Gallery (Madrid)
- Castello Chiaramontano Di Racalmuto Sicilia (Italy) December 21, 2019 to August 30, 2020
- Art3F from August 21 to 23, 2020 – Espace Fontvieille
- Excellence Art Gallery – Monte Carlo (Monaco)
- Casa Seat from 25 to 29 October Barcelona
- Artis Experience from May 26 to 30, 2021 Madrid –